The Community Theatre of Clay County has announced its schedule for the 2012-13 season.
The 29th season for the group will officially kick off Sept. 21-22. The final performance of the season is set for May 3-4, 2013.
The following is a list of the upcoming performances:
* Sept. 21-22 -- "Into The Woods." When a young couple learns they've been cursed by a witch next door, they embark on a quest for the special objects required to break the spell. Along the way, they encounter Little Red, Cinderella, Rapunzel and Jack (the one who climbed the beanstalk). What begins as a lively fantasy becomes a moving lesson about the stories told to children,
* Nov. 1-3 -- "Annie." Leaping Lizards! The popular comic strip heroine takes center stage in one of the world's best-loved musicals. Annie is a spunky, Depression-era orphan determined to find her parents, who abandoned her years ago at a New York City Orphanage run by the cruel, embittered Miss Hannigan. In adventure after adventure, Annie foils Miss Hannigan's evil plans, befriends President Franklin Roosevelt and finds a new family and home with billionaire, Oliver Warbucks,
* Dec. 6-8 -- "Christmas At The Lark: A Tapestry of Light." Welcome Christmas and celebrate the seasion with the lighter side and favorite Christmas songs along with a new, Celtic-styled cantata filled with carols and thoughtful narrations,
* Feb. 15-17, 2013 -- Young Actor's Theater, "Oz!" The timeless "Wizard of Oz" tale has been adapted into a musical. A cyclone carries Dorothy and Toto the magical land of Oz. All of Baum's loveable characters, the Scarecrow, Cowardly Lion and Tin Woodsman, join Dorothy on her journey to meet the greta Oz,
* March 1-2, 2013 -- "An Evening With The Masters." The dessert theater will offer highlights from some of the greatest works by composers who made American theater music what it is today, including works from Berlin, Porter, Rodgers, Hammerstein and Styne, and
* May 3-4, 2013 -- "Never Too Late." A married man in his 50s suddenly learns he's becoming a father again. His last child was born 24 years ago and he finds the prospect of another unthinkable. His daughter and son-in-law live with him and now another mouth to feed is on the way. It's not only the impending birth that startles him. His previously meek wife begins to lay down the law. The result is non-stop chaos and hilarity.
Auditions for the performances will be announced at a later date.
Season tickets may be purchased by calling Lisa Beyers at 442-6909.
Tickets for individual shows are $25 each, which includes the performance and a buffet dinner. The dessert theater is $15. Tickets for the entire season cost $100, which includes the four dinner shows and dessert show.
Cost for the Young Actor's Theater is $5 for adults and $3 for children.
Send orders to Tickets, Community Theatre of Clay County, Inc., PO Box 102, Brazil, Ind., 47834.
Readers are encouraged to comment on this article at www.thebraziltimes.com.