The meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m.
The July meeting has been designated as an organizational meeting.
During the meeting, the board will nominate and elect officers; appoint a treasurer and deputy treasurer; approve employee bonds; designate newspapers for legal advertisements; appoint members to a bid opening committee; establish meeting times and dates; and appoint a corporation attorney.
In addition, the following old business items are on the agenda for the upcoming meeting:
* Northview Athletic Handbook changes -- second reading,
* Northview Coaches' Handbook changes -- second reading,
* North Clay Middle School Athletic Handbook changes -- second reading, and
* North Clay Middle School Coaches' Handbook changes -- second reading.
Following a report by Superintendent Kim Tucker, the following items are listed as new business:
* School lunch and breakfast costs,
* Resolution for agreements for alternative services and private residential school placements,
* Textbook rental and fees for 2012-13,
* School bus pickup/drop off times,
* Discussion of dividing School Corporation into two districts,
* Fuel tank quotes for 410 W. Pinckley Street facility,
* Furniture quote from Lee Company for 1013 S. Forest Ave., Brazil, facility,
* Designation of head custodian for Clay City campus,
* Appointment to Brazil Public Library Board of Trustees,
* Classified Handbook revision -- first reading,
* Bus driver Handbook revision -- first reading,
* Administrative Handbook revision -- first reading,
* Head custodian job description, new -- first reading,
* Custodian job description, revision -- first reading, and
* Health care client services agreement.
Patrons attending the meeting will also be allowed to comment to the board.
Following the Thursday meeting, the school board will meet for an executive session.