Recently, Clay County Election Office Deputy Clerk Jason Jacobs told The Brazil Times all four current board members up for re-election have expressed interest in running again.
The four district positions will be up for grabs in the November Election.
Tammy Beasley represents District 3 and Forrest Buell is the District 4 board member.
At-large seats, currently occupied by Rob Miller, Ron Scherb and Amy Burke Adams, are not up for grabs this year.
"We've had a few others," Jacobs said. "I think we've had four or five people total."
Candidates serve four-year terms.
Those interested in running for the position must have at least 10 signatures signed on a petition sheet, which may be accessed at the Clay County Clerk's Office in the Clay County Courthouse.
Residents may access signatures from now until the Aug. 24, deadline.
The following includes precincts among the four districts for the Clay Community Schools Board:
* District 1 -- Seven Precincts (Brazil 4, Cass, Jackson 1, Jackson 2, Jackson 3, Sugar Ridge and Washington),
* District 2 -- Four Precincts (Brazil 1, Brazil 2, Brazil 3 and Brazil 6),
* District 3 -- Five Clay Precincts and one Parke County Precinct (Brazil 5, Dick Johnson, Van Buren 1, Van Buren 2, Van Buren 3 and Jackson in Parke County), and
* District 4 -- Six Precincts (Harrison 1, Harrison 2, Perry, Posey 1, Posey 2, Posey 3).
In addition, the following includes precincts among the three districts for the Metropolitan School District of Shakamak:
* District 1 -- Lewis Township, Clay County,
* District 2 -- City of Jasonville, Greene County, and
* District 3 -- Wright Township, Greene County.