The Northview High School Band Boosters organization was recently nominated and invited to participate in this year's Chase Community Giving Program.
The top 196 eligible charities will share in grant monies.
Chase will donate $5 million to the 196 eligible nominated charities who receive the most votes and who have accepted the nomination and fulfill all of the eligibility requirements , including:
* $250,000 to the charity receiving the most votes,
* $100,000 to the next 10 runner-ups,
* $50,000 to the next 35 runner-ups,
* $20,000 to the next 50 runner-ups, and
* $10,000 to the next 100 runner-ups.
The voting period will begin Sept. 6, at midnight and will end at 11:59 p.m., Sept. 19.
Chase customers with an online Chase account and Facebook users may vote for their favorite charity (the eligible voters).
There are two ways to vote, including:
* Logging on to www.ChaseGiving.com. During the voting period, Chase customers will automatically receive two votes by visiting the website, and following the directions. Chase customers may also cast votes on Facebook as defined below. Voters on ChaseGiving.com may only cast one vote per charity, and
* Facebook. During the voting period, Facebook users on the Facebook Chase Community Giving application will automatically receive two votes to cast. A Facebook user can only cast one vote per charity, but can earn one bonus vote by allowing "access" and sharing any content from the Chase Community Giving application to his/her Facebook newsfeed or timeline. If one of the Facebook users' friends links back to the Chase Community Giving Application and casts a vote, the original Facebook user will earn a bonus vote. The bonus vote may be cast for any eligible nominated charity. There is a limit of one bonus vote per eligible voter.
The Northview Band Boosters have teamed up with the Terre Haute North High School Band Boosters, who were also nominated in the program. Votes will support both programs.