The Brazil Fire Department began conducting fire hydrant flushing and testing Wednesday, Oct. 3, and will continue through Oct. 12.
Flushing started on the north east side of the city at United States 40 near First Financial Bank east branch.
Water discoloration in homes could occur as a result and department officials stated residents should use precautions when doing laundry.
The tentative schedule includes:
* Friday, Oct. 5 -- From Meridian Street west to Chicago Avenue,
* Saturday, Oct. 6 -- From Chicago Avenue to Waterworks Road,
(Beginning on the south side of National Avenue working east)
* Monday, Oct. 8 -- From South McGuire Street east to Chicago Avenue,
* Tuesday, Oct. 9 -- From South Chicago Avenue east to South Forest Avenue,
(Beginning in the south east area of the city)
* Wednesday, Oct. 10 -- From South Forest Avenue east to Alabama Street, also Forest Green and St. Andrews Glen areas,
* Thursday, Oct. 11 -- From South Alabama Street east to Murphy Avenue, and
* Friday, Oct. 12 -- From South Murphy Avenue to Tower Road/County Road 50 East, and Industrial Park Drive area.