County gears up for Halloween
In only a few days, Clay County residents will see several ghosts and goblins creeping along city and town streets.
Clay County town councils and the Brazil Common Council recently issued Halloween Trick-or-Treat times to The Brazil Times.
The following is a list of trick-or-treat times provided to The Times:
* Town of Clay City -- Oct. 30-31, 6-9 p.m.,
* Town of Harmony -- Oct. 30-31, 6-8 p.m.,
* Town of Knightsville -- Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m.,
* Town of Carbon -- Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m.,
* City of Brazil -- Oct. 30-31, 5-8 p.m., and
* Town of Staunton -- Oct. 30-31, 6-8 p.m.
In addition, several youngsters and their parents will be able to take part in a handful of Trunk or Treat events scheduled in the upcoming days.
The following is a list of Halloween Trunk or Treat events scheduled for the next few days:
* Staunton First Christian Church Trunk or Treat -- Saturday, Oct. 27, at the church,
* The United Church of Christ and other community members will conduct a Trunk or Treat in Clay City Monday, Oct. 29, at 6:30 p.m. Trunks full of treats will be set up in the Ford lot. Hot dogs, drinks and popcorn will be served on 7th Street. The R.E.I.N. Community Library will be open for children to make crafts,
* Serving On The Streets (S.O.S.) will host a Trunk or Treat event Tuesday, Oct. 30, at the Forest Park Pavilion, beginning at 6 p.m. The organization is welcoming donations of goodies for the event, and
* Sharing The Real Effect That Christ Has (S.T.R.E.T.C.H.) will present a Trunk or Treat event Tuesday, Oct. 30, from 6-8 p.m., at the Forest Park Pavilion. The event is free for all families. There will be decorated vehicles to visit where stories from the Bible will be read and children may receive treats. Elementary school children will also have the opportunity to register for many door prizes. S.T.R.E.T.C.H. is a group of area churches which desire to provide safe, fun events for children in the community. For more information, call 446-2214 Ext. 16.