[The Brazil Times nameplate] Fair ~ 68°F  
High: 71°F ~ Low: 46°F
Sunday, May 1, 2016

Fire claims home of Bowling Green residents

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Firefighters work to put out a fire at 5690 E CR 175 S., Bowling Green, Monday. [Order this photo]
BOWLING GREEN -- Firefighters from several agencies were needed to help put out a fire at a Bowling Green home Monday.

At approximately 11:45 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to 5690 E CR 175 S., Bowling Green, for the house fire. The home was southeast of Bowling Green.

Upon arrival, Bowling Green Volunteer Fire Department members could see the fire was in the floor and ceiling of the home, owned by Jeremy and Tarah Reed.

Bowling Green Fire Chief D.J. Smith told The Brazil Times firefighters were not sure how the fire started.

"It looks like it started on the southeast side," Smith added.

Firefighters were on the scene for more than one hour and were still putting out hot spots at 1 p.m.

The Reeds were not at home at the time of the fire, but believed several of their possessions were destroyed.

Other agencies responding to the scene included the Poland Volunteer Fire Department, Center Point Volunteer Fire Department, Jackson Township Volunteer Fire Department, Harrison Township/Clay City Volunteer Fire Department, Perry Township/Cory Volunteer Fire Department, Patricksburg Volunteer Fire Department and Owen Valley Fire Department, as well as TransCare and Clay County Search and Rescue.

Note: The nature of the Internet makes it impractical for our staff to review every comment. If you feel that a comment is offensive, please Login or Create an account first, and then you will be able to flag a comment as objectionable. Please also note that those who post comments on thebraziltimes.com may do so using a screen name, which may or may not reflect a website user's actual name. Readers should be careful not to assign comments to real people who may have names similar to screen names. Refrain from obscenity in your comments, and to keep discussions civil, don't say anything in a way your grandmother would be ashamed to read.

Very sorry to hear that the family lost their home, but Thank God for such great response from all of the agencies.

-- Posted by JaniLou on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 9:40 AM

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: