[The Brazil Times nameplate] Overcast ~ 47°F  
High: 64°F ~ Low: 43°F
Thursday, May 5, 2016

Home fire displaces Brazil family

Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Brazil family was temporarily displaced following a house fire Sunday evening.

At approximately 7:20 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to the residence at 407 E. Blaine St., Brazil.

According to Brazil Fire Department Fire Chief Jake Bennett, William Fagg, an occupant of the home, was at home at the time of the fire, adding Fagg had heard a smoke alarm go off.

"It looks like it started in a bedroom on the southeast side of the house," Bennett said.

Firefighters contained the fire to one room, but smoke and water damage made the home unlivable.

However, Bennett said the family had made arrangements with other family members.

Bennett said there were no injuries as a result of the fire, which is still under investigation.

Other agencies responding to the scene included the Brazil Police Department and TransCare.


Comments
Note: The nature of the Internet makes it impractical for our staff to review every comment. If you feel that a comment is offensive, please Login or Create an account first, and then you will be able to flag a comment as objectionable. Please also note that those who post comments on thebraziltimes.com may do so using a screen name, which may or may not reflect a website user's actual name. Readers should be careful not to assign comments to real people who may have names similar to screen names. Refrain from obscenity in your comments, and to keep discussions civil, don't say anything in a way your grandmother would be ashamed to read.

I think this family is a fire bug,,,,, how many does this make? 4 or 5 lets get real.

-- Posted by TiredofIdiots on Fri, Nov 23, 2012, at 8:28 PM


Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: