Clay Community Schools are full of the holiday spirit this year as every school has scheduled various Christmas programs and concerts in the upcoming month:
* North Clay Middle School will present a Christmas choir concert for all grade levels Friday, Dec. 1, at 7 p.m., in the North Clay commons. The community is invited to attend.
* Staunton Elementary will host "The Big Chill," a play from the third-, fourth- and fifth-grade students Monday, Dec. 3, at 6:30 p.m., in the school gymnasium. The school will also host a Christmas program from the kindergarten, first- and second-grade students on Tuesday, Dec. 4, at 6:30 p.m. The public is invited to attend both events.
* Clay City Jr./Sr. High School will host a Christmas band concert, Tuesday, Dec. 4, at 7 p.m., in the school auditeria. All Clay City school bands will perform various Christmas arrangements at this event. The concert is open to the public.
* Forest Park Elementary will put on its annual Christmas program Monday, Dec. 10, at the school. There will be an afternoon performance of the program presented at 12:45 p.m. An evening service for kindergarten through third-grade will take place at 6 p.m., and a service for fourth-and fifth-grade and all members of the Forest Park choir at 7 p.m.
The program will include singing performances from all grade levels as well as a play by the fourth-and fifth-grade members of the Forest Park choir entitled, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."
Extended family of students including grandparents, aunts and uncles are encouraged to attend the 12:45 p.m., performance in order to have adequate seating for immediate family members during the evening performance.
* Van Buren Elementary will host a Christmas program presented by the students for the public on Tuesday, Dec. 13, at 6:30 p.m.
* Northview High School will present its annual Christmas Spectacular at the school on three different days. The first day is Thursday, Dec. 13, at 7 p.m. The next day is Saturday, Dec. 15, with a special dinner at 5:45 p.m., followed by the show at 7 p.m. The dinner includes a large portion of turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, cranberry salad and a drink. The final show will be Sunday, Dec. 16, at 2 p.m. Tickets for the Thursday and Sunday shows are $6 per person. Tickets for the Saturday evening dinner and performance are $15 per person. Tickets may be purchased from 8 a.m.-noon, on Dec. 6-14 in the school music office. There are no refunds or exchanges for this event.
* Clay City Elementary will host both an afternoon and evening Christmas program on Thursday, Dec. 13. The afternoon program is at 1:30 p.m., and the evening program is at 6:30 p.m. Students will perform Christmas songs in the school gymnasium and the public is invited to attend.
* Jackson Township Elementary will present a Christmas program Thursday, Dec. 13, beginning at 6 p.m. All students will perform Christmas songs and at 7 p.m., the fourth- and fifth-grade students will put on the play "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." The public is invited to attend.
* Meridian Elementary will host a Christmas program Tuesday, Dec. 18, from 6:15-8:15 p.m. Students in kindergarten, second- and fourth-grades will perform at 6:15 p.m., and students in first-, third- and fifth-grade will perform beginning at 7:30 p.m. The public is welcome to attend.
* East Side Elementary will host a holiday program Thursday, Dec. 13. The kindergarten, second- and fourth-grade students will perform from 6:15- 6:45 p.m., and the first-, third- and fifth-grade students will perform from 7:30-8 p.m. Additionally, the first-grade students will perform a "Grinch" play on Wednesday, Dec. 19, from 9-10 a.m., at the Nazarene Church in Brazil.