[The Brazil Times nameplate] Overcast ~ 56°F  
High: 58°F ~ Low: 45°F
Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Board discusses new hotel plans

Friday, November 30, 2012

The Clay County Redevelopment Commission met Wednesday to discuss the infrastructure at Interstate-70 and State Road 59.

According to Dustin Whalen of B & T Drainage and Excavating, Marshall, Ill., the infrastructure is 75 percent complete. The remaining 25 percent of work needed to complete the project is currently delayed because of necessary supplies. The suppliers should have everything needed by early next week.

Whalen told the commission the infrastructure is expected to be complete in two-and-a-half weeks.

The commission approved the contractor's application for payment No. 1 in the amount of $310,196.85, contingent on the Bond Anticipation Note (BAN) money from the city.

At October's meeting, the board approved Resolution No. 2012-5, a Memorandum of Understanding with the City of Brazil. The Redevelopment Commission will be paying back the city for their funds for the next five-and-a-half years, starting next spring.

B & T reviewed and approved the payment contract.

Meanwhile, the board approved four invoices for HWC Engineering for a total of $38,700, contingent upon a receipt of monies from the city of Brazil.

Next, the board approved the payment of a surveyor's report at the amount of $1,500. The payment goes to CBM Survey, Linton.

The board also discussed the dinosaur tax credit available on vacant buildings of at least 10 years of age, and the board discussed retention and expansions for next year. Economic Development Specialist Jim Coffenberry plans to meet with the new commissioners to introduce them to current and future projects.

Finally, the board approved five claims at a total of $5,780.10 to the law firm Cox, Zwerner, Gambill and Sullivan, Terre Haute.

The next Redevelopment Commission meeting is Dec. 19, at 6:30 p.m.


Comments
Note: The nature of the Internet makes it impractical for our staff to review every comment. If you feel that a comment is offensive, please Login or Create an account first, and then you will be able to flag a comment as objectionable. Please also note that those who post comments on thebraziltimes.com may do so using a screen name, which may or may not reflect a website user's actual name. Readers should be careful not to assign comments to real people who may have names similar to screen names. Refrain from obscenity in your comments, and to keep discussions civil, don't say anything in a way your grandmother would be ashamed to read.

Meanwhile, who is "the board"?

-- Posted by My Dime on Sat, Dec 1, 2012, at 2:02 AM


Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: