Area family to benefit from local fundraiser
REELSVILLE -- The Reelsville Volunteer Fire Department will conduct its monthly breakfast Saturday, Dec. 8, from 7-11 a.m., at the Reelsville Firehouse.
All proceeds from this month's breakfast will go toward benefiting Reelsville firefighter Mickey Johnson and his family, who recently had a structural fire at their home.
"We want the let the public know what we're doing," Fire Chief Brent Urton said. "He (Mickey) had a structural (flue) fire last weekend. It started in his wood stove and got into the wall and went up into the attic."
The family, who was home when the fire happened, has an estimated $15,000-$20,000 worth of damage to their home.
"We had to tear out some things inside and outside of the house to get into the wall and the attic area," Urton said. "We're really wanting to help them out."
The breakfast will include homemade whole hog sausage gravy, bacon, eggs, pancakes, toast, juice and coffee.
Although the breakfast is free, there will be a freewill donation for the Johnson family.
The Reelsville Volunteer Fire Department Firehouse is located at 7748 S. CR 6425 W., Putnam County.