[The Brazil Times nameplate] Light Rain Fog/Mist ~ 55°F  
High: 64°F ~ Low: 48°F
Saturday, Apr. 30, 2016

Great Dane hosts bowling benefit

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

(Photo)
Great Dane Trailers, Brazil, is planning an event for its employees that will also benefit children in Clay County.

On Sunday, Dec. 16, from noon-3 p.m., Great Dane employees and their families will meet at the Terre Haute Bowling Center for a few games of bowling.

The entry fee is a toy with a $5 value or more or a $10 cash donation, which will be used to buy toys.

All of the toys will be given to Toys for Tots, with 70 percent of the toys being given to children in Clay County. The other 30 percent will be given to children in the Wabash Valley.

During the event, there will be raffle prizes and a 50/50 raffle.

"We sat down one day to talk about events for our employees, and we thought it would be great to turn it into a fundraiser," HR Generalist Michelle Brown said. "This will be morale booster for our employees and helps out the community at the same time."

The Terre Haute Bowling Center is accepting donations from now until Sunday and is giving away a free game of bowling for each toy donated. The toys must have a value of $5 or more.

Others in the community who would like to donate to the cause may drop off their toys at Great Dane.



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: