Practices for Fun Run set
The Rotary Club of Brazil's Healthy Kid's Fun Run program is for children ages 5-12.
The program will last for four weeks.
There will be eight practice sessions at Forest Park on Mondays and Thursdays, beginning today and concluding Thursday, may 16.
The practice sessions teach young children the importance of physical exercise.
The practice sessions increase in intensity through the four-week period.
Guest speakers at practice sessions will provide additional encouragement and instruction.
The practice sessions culminate with the completion of a 1-mile event (walking and/or running).
The event will take place at 11 a.m., Saturday, May 18, at Forest Park.
The key emphasis of the event is healthy fun.
Running is an option, but is not mandatory.
The event is not a race, although the children are encouraged throughout.
All children completing the 1-mile event will be awarded a T-shirt and a participation medallion.
Practices will take place on the following dates and times:
* Monday, April 22, 6 p.m. (one-quarter mile practice),
* Thursday, April 25, 6 p.m. (one-quarter mile practice),
* Monday, April 29, 6 p.m. (one-half mile practice),
* Thursday, May 2, 6 p.m. (one-half mile practice),
* Monday, May 6, 6 p.m. (three-quarter mile practice),
* Thursday, May 9, 6 p.m. (three-quarter mile practice),
* Monday, May 13, 6 p.m. (1-mile practice), and
* Thursday, May 16, 6 p.m. (1-mile practice).
For additional information, call program director Richard Dierdorf at 812-201-6812 or e-mail REDierdorf@joink.com.