No damage or injuries during cooking fire Tuesday evening

Wednesday, January 8, 2020
Around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Clay County 911 Dispatch was notified of heavy smoke in the Davis Zellar Place apartment complex at 202 North Washington Street. Members of the Brazil fire and police departments responded quickly with STAR Ambulance to the scene. No injuries or damages were reported during this event.

A cooking fire in a first-floor apartment at Davis Zellar Place caused quite a stir as members of the Brazil Fire and police departments and STAR Ambulance responded to the scene around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. NOTE: The Brazil Times is currently working on a fire safety story with Brazil Fire Chief Jake Bennett for an upcoming edition.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: