MEETINGS/FOOD GIVEAWAY SCHEDULE
EDITOR’S NOTE: Please send notice of any meetings or food giveaways you would like published in this list to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Please send notice of any meetings you would like published in this list to email@example.com.
Monday, September 13
7 p.m. — The Staunton Town Board’s monthly meeting will be held in the Staunton Community Center.
7:30 p.m. — The Clay County Sheriff’s Merit Board will meet at the Justice Center Conference room at 611 E. Jackson St.
Tuesday, September 14
6 p.m. — A regular meeting of the Brazil Parks and Recreation Board will take place in the Brazil City Hall Council Chambers. The public is welcome to attend.
6 p.m. – The Knightsville Town Council will meet at the Knightsville Community Center. The meeting is open to the public.
Wednesday, September 15
6 p.m. — The Brazil Library Board of Trustees will meet at the Library’s Meeting Room at 204 N. Walnut.
6 p.m. — The Clay County Redevelopment Commission will meet in the Commissioner’s Courtroom.
Wednesday, September 22
10 a.m. — A regular meeting of the Brazil Board of Public Works and Safety will be held in the Council Chambers. The public is welcome to attend.
Monday, September 27
10 a.m. — The Clay County Commissioners’ claims meeting will take place in the Commissioner’s Courtroom at 609 E. National Ave.
Wednesday, September 29
5 p.m. — A regular meeting of the Brazil Common Council will be held in the Council Chambers. The public is welcome to attend.
Saturday, August 21
• 9-11 a.m. — Federal government COVID-19 food distribution at First Christian Church west of Brazil on U.S. 40. Enter from Hwy. 40 and follow signs. Do not get out of vehicle.
Food is for individuals and families who have lost their job and/or were laid off due to COVID-19, have a low income or are senior citizens.
Proof of Clay County residency is required, and only 300 meal kits will be available. The City of Brazil partnered with the Clay County Emergency Food Pantry to provide groceries and hygiene products to community members.
Future dates: September 25, October 23.
• 1-3 p.m. — Church Of Our Lord Jesus Christ, 708 E. Hendrix St., Brazil.
• 4:30-5 p.m. — The Presbyterian Soup Kitchen has its “Sunday Supper”. Curbside pickup is available at Fellowship Hall at 201 N. Walnut in Brazil.
• 12-2 p.m. — St. Vincent de Paul food pantry remains open with drive thru service on Church Street. Please remain in your cars and volunteers will load your food.
• 4:30-5:30 p.m. — The Brazil First United Methodist Church (201 N. Meridian St.) offers a free home-cooked meal every Wednesday along with a free bag of groceries.
• 3-5 p.m. — The food pantry at the Staunton United Methodist Church Food Pantry is open the last Wednesday of each month..Everyone is welcome.
• 10 a.m.-2 p.m. — Weekly food distribution takes place at Berea Christian Church (1995 W. C.R. 800N).