• The April Brazil Parks Board meeting has been canceled. The board plans to meet again on May 12.
• The IHSAA has announced the cancellation of all spring sports tournament series events for the 2019- 20 school year.
• The Clay County Emergency Food Pantry is open 5 days a week from 9-11 to help with Food. We are not accepting any clothes donations at this time. We would like to thank everyone who donates food or any financial help! Call for 812-446-2293 for more information.
• The Carbon Town Council meeting for April is canceled.
• The Clay County Commissioners plan to meet as scheduled at 9 a.m., April 6.
• Monday's meeting of the Clay County Council has been canceled.
• The Bowling Green school reunion set for April 24th has been canceled for this year, said Linda Schiele.
• The National Association of Letter Carriers Food Drive scheduled for May 9 has been postponed indefinitely, said Karen Stearley, local food drive coordinator
• The American Legion in Brazil will be serving drive-through serving of ham and beans starting at 1 p.m., Friday until the food is gone.
• The Harmony Town Council meeting scheduled for this week has been canceled, said Clerk-Treasurer Donna Mullenix.
• Indiana Sheriff's Youth Ranch has postponed all activities through the summer.
• Gov. Holcomb has announced the Indiana Primary Election date has been moved from May 5 to June 2.
• The City of Brazil announced closings of City Hall, City Garage, Water Treatment Plant, Wastewater Plant will be closed to the public beginning noon Friday, March 20th. The situation will be re-evaluated April 6. Payments for water bills, building permits, handgun permits, and car impound fees will be taken over the phone, or deposited into the City Hall payment dropbox, or can be done online. No cash payments will be accepted, so pleased use money orders instead. Scheduled meetings will continue unless otherwise notified, We encourage attendance only if absolutely necessary
Please call the proper departments for additional information.
• Clay Community Schools has postponed Kindergarten Open Registration that was scheduled for March 31 and April 1, 2020. Kindergarten Open Registration will be rescheduled when more up-to-date information becomes available. Keep up to date with school information on the corporation’s Clay Community Schools Facebook page.
• The Brazil Public Library closed at 6 PM Tuesday, March 17, 2020, until further notice. For further details, check out their Facebook page or log on to the library website at Brazil.lib.in.us
(See news stories below for more information.)