BRAZIL BUZZ: Quarantine UpdatePaul received his shots at Richard Roudabush Medical Center at the pain clinic. After the long-awaited injections, he has relief now. My husband was not off and running, although he was grinning from ear to ear when he left the office. The handle of the cane will miss his tight grip until the pain returns, as it always does...
SENIOR SELECTIONS 2020 September - The Jensen family’s love of cars leads to two popular “Cruising Brazil” events
SENIOR SELECTIONS 2020 September - WHAT IS MEDICARE?In July of 1965, President Lyndon B Johnson signed the bill that marked the beginning of Original Medicare, which consists of Parts A and B. Part A provides hospital insurance while Part B provides outpatient medical insurance. Prior to Medicare becoming law, only about 60 percent of people over the age of 65 had health insurance because insurance companies charged significantly higher rates for older people. ...
SENIOR SELECTIONS 2020 September -The road music of cruisingBest teenage memory of cruising: Hopping in the car, blasting a favorite song on the radio, is probably one of the nicest feelings in the world when bopping town. American drivers spend an average of more 293 hours, behind the wheel annually, according to a 2016 survey from the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety...
TOP STORY OF THE DAY Brought to you FREE by WICU: OFFICIALS: Runaway reports higher than normalThe issue of child safety has been in local news. The Brazil Police Department is thankful to everyone who provided information in a recent runaway report. “We had quite a bit of help coming in from the community, with people offering information,” said Assistant Police Chief Dennis Archer about the case involving Natilie Marie McNeal, 17, who was reported by her family as a person who did not return home on Sept. ...
COVID-19 Update as of September 17, 2020The Indiana State Health Department confirms 48 new COVID-19 tests were completed since Monday, with eight new positive cases, bringing the overall total in Clay County to 285 since the beginning of the pandemic in March. A total of 4,452 unique individuals out of an estimated 26,501 Clay County residents have been tested with 5,964 tests overall completed. The first positive case for COVID-19 was reported on March 28, 2020...
- Aces Opportunity Grant makes University of Evansville tuition-free for qualified Indiana freshmen
- Ivy Tech Terre Haute to offer virtual campus visits
- Delt Dash 2020 5K set for Oct. 3
- JAIL BOOKINGS September 1-12, 2020
- TOP STORY OF THE DAY Brought to you FREE by WICU: Mathews convicted of 2016 murder of Staunton woman
- Locally owned McDonald’s restaurants raise more than $14,000 for Ronald McDonald House charities of Central Indiana
- Bargain on books
- Having fun while supporting WAR DOGS
- Wabash Valley COVID Relief Fund seeks rural county programs for funding
- Rep. Bucshon's legislation to name post office in Dana passes House
- CCS Virtual Academy launches Wednesday with familiar faces
- TOP STORY OF THE DAY Brought to you FREE by WICU: Public test completed by Election Office over weekend
- COVID-19 UPDATE: Some good news, but positive cases are rising
- COURT NEWS September 1-12, 2020
- 2020 Mayor's Ride T-shirts on sale through Tuesday
Gary “Grandpa” W. CookseyGary “Grandpa” W. Cooksey, 67, of Montpelier passed away early Wednesday morning at Defiance Inpatient Hospice Center. He was born March 12, 1953 in Brazil, Indiana to Roy P. and Mae Elizabeth...
Taylor Renee BradburyTaylor Renee Bradbury, 26, passed away and went to be with Jesus in the early morning hours of September 12, 2020. Taylor was born at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis and was raised in Brazil,...
Geraldine L. Buchholz
Paul Joseph TilleyBrazil, Indiana Paul Joseph Tilley, 84, passed away Friday, September 11, 2020 at Regional Hospital in Terre Haute. He was born in Brazil, Indiana on September 14, 1935 to the late William and Anna...
JAIL BOOKINGS September 1-12, 2020 (9/16/20)CLAY COUNTY JUSTICE CENTER The following jail bookings took place on September 1- 11, 2020: Hicks, Paul William, 50, Terre Haute: Theft(MA), Criminal trespass(MA) Williams, Terry W, 59, Brazil: Public indecency(F6), Public nudity(MB) Johnson, Zachary, 21, Gosport, IN: R4esisting law enforcement(F6), Reckless Driving(MB), Neglect of dependent(F6), Operating vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person with passenger less than 18 years, Operating vehicle while intoxicated(F6 & MC)...
- Allen, Garrison run wild in Northview's romp of Owen ValleyDespite winning three of its first four games to begin the high school football season, Northview coach Mark Raetz wanted to see a little bit more from his group. In each win, the Knights made all of their noise in the first half. He wanted to see the same in the second half as well...
- Clay City falls in battle with the BravesIn the midst of what is, arguably, its toughest stretch of the season, Clay City’s volleyball team visited Terre Haute South Thursday night. Coach Garicke Rubin said with the year more than halfway complete, taking on programs that have long, winning traditions should benefit the Eels by the time sectional play gets underway...
- Northview adds Week 6 gameIn February, Northview announced it would be hosting Edwardsburg High School (Michigan) in Week 6 of the high school football schedule. Then, COVID-19 happened and threw a wrench into those plans when the Michigan High School Athletic Association pushed the fall sports seasons to the spring - they've since had a reversal of plans and are scheduled to kick off the regular season Friday night - and therefore nixed the Northview-Edwardsburg matchup scheduled for Saturday, September 26...
- Lady Eels take home SWIAC titleLast season, Clay City unveiled its first-ever high school girls golf team. The Lady Eels fared well throughout the year and made a run at the Southwestern Indiana Athletic Conference title but came up shy of winning it. On Wednesday, they had their second crack at it and left Stone Crest Golf Club as SWIAC champions...
- Northview has no answers for Tiger Cubs in lossFor the first time in the 2020 high school volleyball season, Northview coach Erica Garrison had a full and healthy roster at her disposal. That gave the Knights a chance to mix and match different lineups to see if there was a formula that could get them out of their losing skid...
- Northview digs too many holes in loss to Indian Creek (9/12/20)
- Northview runs past West Vigo in first half offensive explosion (9/11/20)
- Gugino's hat trick gets Northview into win column (9/9/20)
- Lady Knights extend winning streak to five (9/9/20)
- Lady Knights win four-way match by 40 strokes (9/8/20)
- Tucker takes third, Lady Eels finish fourth in Clay City Invitational (9/8/20)
Rental HousingGreencastle Large Two bedroom ground floor apartment. W/D hookup 765-653-6196
Legal Notices205523 Name Change Borden 3t
MiscellaneousBrazil Nice Prices! Beautiful, clean sectional with hideaway bed & recliner on each end. Neutral color. $75 Berkline Lift Recliner $50 812-605-9528
Legal Notices205522 Name Change Lalen3t
Business ServicesNO JOBS TOO SMALL Richard Hill Carpentry, LLC Licensed-Bonded-Insured Locally Owned 10 % Sr. Discount (812) 442-1910 www.nojobstoosmall.com
Help WantedGreene Co. Laborers Needed Greene County Pallets $9 - $10 hourly rate $10 - $15 piece rate 812-825-8372